Eritrea's foreign minister, Osman Saleh, delivered the invitation from President Isaias Afewerki to Bashir during a meeting in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, on Tuesday.
Eritrea's information minister, Ali Abdu, told the Tigrigna and Amharic services that Bashir has accepted the invitation, but that a date for the visit has not been set. Ali Abdu said, "the ICC allegation violates Sudanese sovereignty and territorial integrity, and hence it is unjustified, and unacceptable and totally unwarranted." He said, "External politics would not solve Sudanese problem, but comprehensive and lasting solution on the basis of Sudan-Sudan approach."
The International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Mr. Bashir last week. Prosecutors accuse him of being behind a campaign of murder, rape and other crimes against civilians in Darfur, where Sudan's government has been fighting rebels since 2003.
Mr. Bashir and other Sudanese officials have said they will not cooperate with the court, which they describe as a tool of Western imperialism.
The United Nations says the fighting and related unrest in Darfur has killed more than 200,000 people and displaced more than 2.5 million others. Sudan puts the death toll at about 10,000.